Our faculty bring innovation to their clinical practice and research.
Our grant-funded programs will provide students with tuition stipends and other benefits as they are prepared to teach in New York’s high-needs school districts.
Adelphi’s SEA program is a National Science Foundation/NOYCE Scholarship for undergraduate students in our STEP program and graduate science education students that uses Long Island’s natural environment for teaching and provides unique training in science education.
Students will receive scholarship funds leading to the completion of an M.A. in Science Education with initial New York State certification (grades 7-12) in a science discipline (biology, earth science, physics, or chemistry).
- $55,000 (3 years) of tuition scholarship funding for undergraduate (STEP) students
- $22,000 (1 year) of tuition scholarship funding for students enrolled in the accelerated graduate program
- Paid Nassau BOCES internship with the marine biology program
- Participation in marine science field courses on Long Island and in Australia
- Unique mentoring and professional development support throughout the program
Students must have a strong science background and commit to teaching in a high-needs district after program completion.