M.A. in Adolescent Education Program
Learn how to be an effective teacher. Be a leader in your field.
WHY SHOULD I ENROLL IN ADELPHI’S M.A. IN ADOLESCENT EDUCATION PROGRAM?
- An accelerated program option that leads to a degree and certification in 12 months
- School partnerships that offer meaningful work with students and mentoring from master teachers
- Adelphi alumni in schools across the region who are willing to mentor and network
- Unique curriculums that integrate the arts, technology and social justice
- Comprehensive preparation for the New York State Teacher Certification Examinations
- Opportunities to learn and network throughout the metropolitan region
WHAT WILL I STUDY IN ADOLESCENT EDUCATION?
As a student in the M.A. in Adolescent Education Program, you’ll learn how to become an effective teacher and leader in your field of study: English language arts, social studies, mathematics or the sciences. You will develop your own philosophy of education and core values as an educator while learning the art and science of teaching through explorations of curriculum theory in the context of hands-on practice with pedagogical strategies.
» M.A. in English Education course requirements
» M.A. in Mathematics Education course requirements
» M.A. in Science Education course requirements
» M.A. in Social Studies Education course requirements
WHAT WILL IT COST?
Tuition for the M.A. in Adolescent Education programs is $1,160 per credit. Each program is 37 credits.
University and technology fees (per semester):
|12 or more credits
» View specific tuition and financial aid details
HOW DO I APPLY TO THE M.A. IN ADOLESCENT EDUCATION PROGRAM?
In addition to a completed application for graduate admission and application fee, applicants must submit:
- Documentation of bachelor’s degree with minimum 3.0 GPA
- Results of Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Two letters of recommendation
- A personal essay (prompted on application)
- All official college transcripts
» Apply to the M.A. in Adolescent Education program